Saturday, December 20, 2008

Putrajaya Critical Mass #9...the last and the wet one...



Around 7.30pm I drove out from Cyberjaya to Bangi Lama to send my GF to her auntie house...on the way...we enter Putrajaya...it's raining...fetch her sister at Parcel D bus stop...still early to judged...reached Bangi...the area was clear from rain drop...

On the way back from Bangi Lama...my wiper started wiping out the rain on my windshield...so I sms Daoh..."hujan renyai2x"...8.30pm entering back Cyberjaya...clear here although the wind blew chilled...setup the bike rack to my car...went up to my room...get changed and take my bicycle down...In my head...this will be the last PCM for this year so I must go...it's also been dragged to the 3rd week of the month since next week will be a long holiday...Xmas and new year celebration...attached the bike...drove it to Percint 9...on the way I called Daoh...he said it was raining there...but still no rain drop at Cyberjaya side...but then upon reaching P9 near the school...it's the rain border between the place...it's quite heavy...

Entering the parking area at Mamak there...there was Daoh, pak Adib n some other rider waiting at the shop walkway...greet them "sini je hujan sana tak"..but they responded back like "ye la tuh"...parked my car...then rushed take out my white saddle from the frame...the Kevlar will be wet if exposed to the rain...meet other riders, shake hand n smile..all off us prayed hard for the rain to stopped...the clock showed 9.15pm...

more riders coming...some of them lepaking at Mamak while waiting...I go front n back the walkway...meet Fuzz then Aini arrived..siap bawak anak...later Kash oso sampai...Daoh went to survey how many of us that still wanna ride in wet condition...it's still raining...Atan come to me...give him the 661 Mullet helmet...he's been waiting for it but we have no time to meet...then passed by Don while waiting...took the saddle that I've been asking him to keep (scroll below info about it)...

Riders started to gather around
The rain is fading out slowly...so I put on my shoes....upload the bike...borrowed Alan-key tool from Daoh...I installed the WTB saddle...test ride in the rain....comfort feel as the sponge thick n it's wider...most of the rider already in their gears...they already come so they wanna ride...some of them coming from as far as Ipoh...Melaka also...as for me tonite I only wear a cap, protection glasses, half finger glove but not helmet...riders please don't follow my act...by 10.30pm we started to gathered...I was like cycling around n around telling other riders to gather at the front...Daoh gave quick briefing then we roll-out...as for me and Atan...we r the last place...wet road all the way...but the rain already stopped I guess.

both white bike as the back maker sweeper
At the 3rd traffic light from the starting point...1 of the rider have a puncture tire...I n Atan stopped to help him...but we both didn't bring our bag n tools...so I helped him by holding the rim...he's trying hard to take out the wire type tire...but failed...since not enough tool n the tool he got already bend while trying...so sorry bro can't helped much....then he decided to turn back since it's not far and still at the beginning of the route...I forgot to ask his name...but if I'm not mistaken he has a bike shop...We continue our ride without him...catch-up with the front group near the bus stop of Shangri-la...they already started to move..Heero reversed cycled to me asking if there is any left behind rider..."tarak akuk ngan Atan ja"...cycled with Abg Enol...passed by Hait-san n wife...Shah n Kay...we continue the road to Alamanda...

Bro Enol, Atan (helmet cam kenai ja) n Me
Entering the Highway..the road mostly r dry...as usual the riders will fast pace here...only left behind regular riders...I cycled up until in the middle of the pack...then stopped where's Rudy n his brother taking picture....Rudy been lazy to "kayuh" since his b'day...hahahha...reversed cycle a few meter then regrouped with Daoh n his brother... we cycled through the Highway until PICC pit stop...there from my eyes view...although it was raining at the beginning...I think almost 60-70 riders were there...

cruising the highway
Bro Zizan dah bawak geng skrg
it's a scammed...Rudy not riding at all...>:)
We continued...I ride with ROP team member...3/4 to the finishing point..Bok act as Marshall...waiting n giving direction to others...reached back at the Mamak around 12.15a.m...no more rain...drink 100plus and eat 2 pieces of "Roti Canai" to built up back energy...n "lapar oo hujan2x ni"....then have a chit-chat with bro Zizan the fixed gang, Shahrin n Daoh at the road side...back at Cyberjaya around 2.30a.m...cool down..take a shower...then slept...-_-"

PCM short report here
Story from Boon here
Story from Zamrady here
Story from Hait-san here
Story from Kash here
Story from Aini here
Story from Rudy here
Pictures from Rudy's Flickr here
____________________________________________________________________

The saddle...it's WTB Speed V model...taken out from Kona Fire Mountain...the reason I bought it...it's for off road used...since my Da Skull saddle is white color...the Kevlar get dirty of mud...so this is my solution for it...

See the different
Installed for off road use only

4 comments:

azizan abd aziz said...

Hehe...Kena bawak geng baru meriah! Eh tapi dia leh wat skid...Saya hampeh lagi...takut tergolek je. Daoh, Zul touring pun dah cuba2...Rizal beskal merah pun dah wat single speed:-)

Saya mmg promo PCM dan akan cuba bawak geng baru...tak kira la fixie ke apa bike pun.

Klako baca cite ko ni:-)

Anonymous said...

hahahhahahaah it's a sammm

Angah said...

Aku datang ngan hubby tapi balik at 10pm...aini sms kata u all ride jugak...jelessss nehhh

next time la ek...

Aku dalam mamak tuh.. baju biru key kepala pink.

flatfinger said...

takpa angah...next time kira ride lagik...yg ni bukan rezeki hang...huhu